Conversations on the World of Work
Veldhoen + Company Australia host regular sessions called: Conversations on the World of Work. These sessions discuss a number of topics that we believe are meaningful and will support the work community in creating new ideas or solutions that can contribute to a better world of work. We welcome you to join us in the dialogue to explore what is possible and create new connections. Get inspired to help create a better world of work!
The next Conversation Session:
Session # 9: Nature impacts performance and wellbeing: Biophilic design in activity based workplaces.
Today’s world of work places a high emphasis on technology, innovation, science and soon Artificial Intelligence. Somewhere along the way, the crucial connection between humans and nature has been lost. One the consequences of this trend is a perceived decrease in wellbeing and an actual increase in mental health challenges. Both having huge and negative impact on performance and ultimately business results.
Biophilic design looks at optimising performance and wellbeing by using ancient wisdom in contemporary ways. Ingrid Messner has been applying Biophilic design to workplaces and would like to share and explore these topics, specifically in relation to ABW:
- How the ideal spaces for wellbeing and performance might look like in the future,
- How work flow and processes can be different,
- What type of spaces allow people to connect more deeply and effectively,
- How work place context can impact content creation,
- How negative spaces produce positive insights and release stressful tension.
Our conversation will increase your awareness of the potential, add some knowledge of the possibilities and clarify future intents for prototypes. It may just be, when Activity Based Workplaces are created based on the innate relationship between people and nature, natural elements become your secret performance enhancing drugs (100% legal!). Let’s explore this together and see!
Who should attend this session?
Organisational Development, Human Resources, Learning and Development, Leadership Development, Talent Management and Change Management professionals.
Please come to Wework reception, Level 13, 333 George Street, Sydney. The event will be held in a meeting room on Level 14.
6th Sept 2018 from 16:00-18:00
We aim to have maximum attendance of 15 people per session.
Millie Letori and Ingrid Messner
Millie brings over a decade’s experience in OD, HR and Change Management, across a wide variety of industries. She is Managing Partner and senior workstyle consultant with Veldhoen + Company. Her programs of work span Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea, Lebanon and New Zealand.
Ingrid is a leadership expert with over 25 years’ experience working with clients from diverse countries, cultures and industries. An authority in her field, her portfolio includes roles in corporate and management consultancy, accreditation as an executive coach, running leadership programs and wilderness retreats, and an MBA. Ingrid leverages ancient wisdom* to optimise performance and wellbeing, enabling you to develop greater influence, impact, a clearer purpose, robust vision, and increased happiness.
Community of Passionate Individuals
Together, we aim to build a community of passionate individuals who are up for the challenge of tackling a wide variety of work related subjects that can help create more meaning and understanding in how we, and others, can positively impact the World of Work. Having held a few sessions so far, we have seen a dedicated community of like-minded people develop; a community that supports, encourages and shares stimulating and often provocative ideas and topics on the world of work. We are open to discussing various subjects that are suggested by you or your colleagues but aspire to focus on the human aspects of work, including topics in organisational development, human resources, learning and development, and change management.
Conversations on the World of Work sessions so far;
- #1 : Collaboration, why is it so hard?
- #2 : Creating high performance teams starts with Trust.
- #3 : Maintaining personal energy through work/life integration
- #4 : How does design of the physical space impact how we interact?
- #5 : Self as instrument to change
- #6 : Human Connection – could this be the silver bullet?
- #7: Resilience When Leading Through Transformation.
- #8: Activity Based Working and how it encourages strong leaders
Some more inspiration:
- Dare to add colour – Roel looks at diversity in the workplace
- Creating the best for Agile Teams – Louis shares if Agile can work alongside Activity Based Working
- Human connection – Millie explores whether it is the silver bullet