2018 Internship Position available at Veldhoen + Company Australia
If you could change the world of work, what would you do?
Make a difference to the working culture in Australia and abroad. Veldhoen + Company, a boutique consultancy firm is looking to hire a bright, highly motivated, and curious Junior Workstyle Consultant to join our team in Australia to contribute to our strategic purpose to create a better world of work.
About Veldhoen + Company
Veldhoen + Company is the leading global consulting firm specialising in Activity Based Working (ABW). Our leadership in this space is based on more than 25 years of experience partnering with organisations to define, implement and refine new work styles for their people. We support diverse clients in the financial, professional services, government, healthcare, and education sectors to develop their unique workstyle and define what it would mean for them to implement from an integrated perspective through physical, behavioural, and virtual (technological) environments.
This is a unique opportunity to join a very passionate, engaged, non-hierarchal team that lives by our values of openness, unconventionality, and inspiration. We will provide a great learning environment for someone who is eager to learn about Workplace Transformation from an industry thought leader.
Veldhoen + Company have offices in Eindhoven, London, New York, Singapore, Stockholm and Sydney and we are passionate to explore further growth opportunities across the globe.
What you will get out of it?
In Australia (Sydney) we are a small and highly engaged team that have a strong passion for what we do, and the right candidate will have a shared passion for our Purpose: Creating a better world of work! We also offer great flexibility and autonomy – that means that we manage to outcomes not by face time. Our environment is a great learning environment for someone who has curiosity to ask questions and challenge the status quo. We are an experienced and diverse team that coach each other and place high emphasis on developing as well-rounded individuals. Our clients vary from blue-chip companies to local governments. More and more we are working on global client accounts. This role could potentially grow into a Senior Consultant role.
About this role
Per 2018 we would like to extend our team in Australia. The Junior Workstyle Consultant internship is ideal for candidates with 0-2 years of professional work experience in a team environment. We are looking for someone who, above and beyond, is a team player, has a positive attitude, is willing to learn, and is an innovative problem solver (this means you think outside the conventional box!)
Your day-to-day work would primarily focus on:
- Support the development of workshop materials, which will require some client interaction
- Document and synthesize workshop outcomes into key deliverables
- Provide project management and planning support
- Support the development of company collateral (e.g. marketing materials, business proposals, process documents, new products and services, etc.)
- Conduct market research to bring industry perspective to the team (e.g. reading industry articles, researching social media, going to industry events, etc.)
- Provide input into internal process improvements and team development activities
Qualifications and Skills
- 0-2 years of professional work experience
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem solving ability
- Ability to translate complex information and data into meaningful insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to visually present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Skills in using Mac OS and MS-Office products (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
- Attention to detail in developing client-ready materials
- Ability to work dynamically (1) in a team environment with some level of ambiguity and a high level of humour (2) independently as a self-starter (3) cross-functionally with consultants and internal (national as well as international) team members
- Passion for learning, growth, and innovation
- Previous experience in a consultancy or professional environment is preferred but not required
- Some travel across the globe might be required.
Apply today to meet the team and explore whether this role sounds like it was made for you!
Download the full job description, requirements and perks here. And for a true insight into what the role is like, read our Junior Workstyle Consultant Hamish’s blog on Launching a career in a trusting organisation. Then once you’re ready to apply, or have any questions at all, please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to having you on board!