(Senior) Workstyle Consultant position available| Veldhoen+Company Singapore
If you could change the world of work, what would you do?
Make a difference to the South East Asia and Japan working cultures. Veldhoen + Company, a boutique global consultancy, is looking to hire a bright, highly motivated, and curious (Senior) Workstyle Consultant. Come and join our growing team in Singapore where our SEA + Japan HQ is located and help us realise our purpose of creating a better world of work.
About Veldhoen + Company
Veldhoen + Company is the leading global consulting firm specialising in Activity Based Working (ABW). Our leadership in this space is based on more than 27 years of experience partnering with organisations to define, implement and refine new work styles for their people. We support organisations to develop their unique workstyle and define what it would mean for them to implement from an integrated perspective through physical, behavioural, and virtual (technological) environments. We provide advice to a diverse range of clients across the financial, professional services, government, healthcare and education sectors.
This is a unique opportunity to join a passionate, engaged, non-hierarchal team that lives by our values of openness, unconventionality, and inspiration.
What you will get
We are a small and engaged team that have a strong passion for what we do, you will enjoy working in a group of highly motivated and genuinely engaged individuals. The role gives you the chance to extend your network in this space through speaking at knowledge sharing forums, industry events. It’s a chance to get your voice out there in the marketplace through publishing your ideas and thoughts in various media. We offer great flexibility and autonomy – that means we manage by outcomes not by face time, you have the freedom to explore your ideas in the context of our work. Our environment is a great learning environment for someone who has curiosity to ask questions and challenges the status quo. We are a small team, experienced and diverse that coach each other and place high emphasis on developing as well-rounded individuals. This being said, this is also a chance for you to take a leadership role through sharing your knowledge and experiences in that mix.
About this role
The role provides a chance to influence the intersection between people and space. You will be able to unleash your passion for the design of physical space and its ability to stimulate a desired user experience. This will be channeled into helping our clients realize their aspirational strategy / vision / culture in their new Activity Based Workstyle in partnership with their behavioural change objectives and how they use technology. You will play a key role in facilitating client’s transformational change and you will add value by developing and evolving the processes that inform the physical space as part of that. You will take the role of trusted advisor and guide through often complex and emergent program processes. Not only must you be able to manage this uncertainty for yourself, but also support clients to navigate through it. Therefore, developing and managing authentic working relationships with our clients is key.
Your role would primarily be to:
- Guide customer project teams in the development and implementation of new ways of working
- Create functional and behavioural briefs for the space and the behaviours to realise the experience and aspirations clients wish to stimulate
- Design, develop and evolve processes to get the right outcomes to create functional briefs (physical, virtual, behavioural) in an energising, engaging, smart, creative way – also to build ownership and capability within our clients in that process
- Facilitate dynamic workshops with a diverse range of audiences, including executive leadership, focus groups, working groups, project groups etc.
- Leverage ergonomics and facilities management / hospitality to help create and contribute to the desired user experience of the space
- Work as part of the team in all aspects of project delivery
- Think and act in an integrated manner and relate solutions in the physical, virtual and behavioural environments to one another and to the strategic objectives of an organisation
- Manage client relations in an authentic, professional and proactive way building healthy relationships
- Translate strategic project objectives into meaningful deliverables
- Guide customers in their journey to change team dynamics and evolve leadership styles
- Play an active role in expanding Veldhoen + Company’s business in South East Asia and Japan
Qualifications and Skills
- Strategic briefing experience in an architectural and/or interior design capacity preferred but not required
- Min 2 years experience working on ABW programs or organizational culture change programs, more than 4 years is an advantage
- > 5 (10) years of professional work experience being exposed to various functions and types of businesses
- Open, inspiring, passionate, curious and unconventional personality
- Ability to work dynamically (1) in a team environment with some level of ambiguity and a high level of humour (2) independently as a self-starter (3) cross-functionally with consultants and internal team members
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to visually present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong experience facilitating inspiring as well as fact finding workshops
- Keen to mentor and develop yourself and others
- Passion for learning, growth, and innovation
- Previous experience in a consultancy or professional environment is preferred
- Absolutely wanting to work with us out of authenticity and an aligned belief system
- Be willing to travel across SEA and Japan when needed – we estimate this travel to be around 15-20% per year
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Mandarin and/or Japanese are an advantage
- Applicants must have a valid work permit/status to be able to work in Singapore.
Iolanda Meehan. Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org