If you could change the world of work, what would you do?
You are authentic. You are curious. You strive to make a difference with and for the people around you. You see opportunity and momentum to help organizations emerge stronger from these disruptive times. You’re not only curious about what the future of work holds for us – you want to shape it. You are eager to grow and help others grow. You like to be a leader of your own destiny and to build others up to lead their own.
Does this sound like you?
Veldhoen + Company is looking for you to help grow our global business.
Veldhoen + Company, a boutique global consultancy firm, seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and curious Global Marketing Manager located in the Netherlands with 8+ years of experience. This role is a chance to build a growing business in a dynamic market, influence the field of the future of work, and lead a global marketing team that supports regional teams of professional consultants who guide our clients on transformational journeys to new ways of working.
As Global Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and leading our marketing strategy and capacity that will enable the growth and impact we seek in the market. You’ll serve as an integrator of information between prospective clients, current clients, and our team of 50 consultants, to ensure that we are not only responding to market opportunities but continuing to lead the way.
Come and join our growing team and help us realize our purpose of creating a better world of work!
As a leader on a small but growing team, you will wear many hats. Your primary responsibilities will fall under three:
Your first hat: Design & Implement Global Marketing Strategy
- Partner closely with global leadership team to develop, implement, and measure success toward our business growth strategy
- Brand performance and Employer Branding: Strengthen our brand position in the global market.
- Build an understanding of and consistently monitor the market to determine the demand for products and services offered and how they are positioned in the market
- Consult with product development personnel on product specifications (such as design and format of product materials) and material collaterals for products and services.
- Translate global Branding and Marketing strategy to the regional marketing implementation
Your second hat: Build Marketing Team Capacity
- Lead and develop a team of 3 regional marketing leads who represent our brand in the marketplace
- Initiate and lead global market research studies that help to understand our client’s needs better (these could be managed and executed within the regions)
- Key goal first year: build and develop a team of 3 regional marketing leads
Your third hat: Managing external parties
- Partner with external parties like HubSpot, brand designers, and website builders
- Key goal 2022: developing and launching a new website that meets today’s requirements for an impactful digital marketing approach
Who You Are
- You relate to our values: authentic, curious and making a difference together
- Strategic thinker and go-getter: you’re entrepreneurial in character and know how to get things done, helping to standardize our marketing systems and tools, while driving innovation at the same time.
- Connector: you form relationships with people at all levels and with different cultural backgrounds in your own authentic way
- You embrace ambiguity: you have the creativity and openness to turn challenges into opportunities
- You are able to work:
- (1) independently (working as a self-starter);
- (2) flexibly (comfortably working remotely most of the time);
- (3) in a dynamic environment working cross-functionally with a team of 3 regional marketing team members (EMEA, APAC, North America), and able to work with 50 professional consultants
- Available for 20-24 hours per week
- Based in the Netherlands
What You Will Bring
- You understand the B2B marketing funnel and journey, you know how to manage lead generation and understand the client in a professional service context.
- Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English: ability to listen well, distill complex information into a clear and concise format, contribute to creative business strategy discussions, and influence the thinking of senior leaders
- Strong leadership skills: prepare decision-making, coordination of global marketing agenda, establish, nurture, and maintain internal and external working relationships, and developing a marketing team that feels empowered to flourish.
- 8+ years professional experience in marketing. Relevant background can be in the areas of public relations, content marketing and social media marketing.
Nice-to-Haves (Preferred but not required):
- Experience with business development and/or marketing for professional services
- Experience in creative storytelling / brand management
- Experience with CRM systems (we currently work with Hubspot)
- Advanced degree (bachelor or master) in marketing or communications
- Knowledge of and/or experience with new ways of working: e.g. workplace strategy, and/or organizational change and development, activity-based working
What You Will Get
- You will be part of an internationally growing boutique consultancy firm, with the opportunity to work with and learn from our 50+ international colleagues
- Great flexibility and autonomy — work is what you do, not the place you go. That means we manage by outcomes not by face time. We value in-person connection but we are flexible in when and where we come together.
- Salary range of €4,200 – 5,200 (for full-time)
How to Apply
- Apply today to meet the team and explore whether this role sounds like it was made for you
- Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
- In the cover letter include your response to the question: “What does a better world of work mean to you?”
- For questions, please contact Luc Kamperman (email@example.com)
About Veldhoen + Company
Veldhoen + Company is the leading global workplace consulting firm specializing in integrated Workplace Transformation. Our leadership in this space is based on being founders of the philosophy of Activity Based Working (ABW), followed by more than 30 years of experience partnering with organizations to define, implement, and refine their unique ways of working.
Our mission is to create a better world of work where people are free and inspired to contribute their passion and talent every single day. We believe changing the way of working will become the biggest positive impact leaders make on the world. We are changing the world by transforming the world of work. We live and work with purpose, knowing that our contributions are social contributions and that we are making a positive impact on people’s lives.
Veldhoen + Company is young and growing in North America. Our New York-based team was established in 2017, and currently consists of seven people. In this time, we have partnered with large and small organizations in North America, representing Finance, Pharmaceutical, and Health Care. We aim for meaningful and sustainable growth, anticipating doubling in size in the next three years. We seek passionate individuals to deliver high impact to clients and contribute their talent to grow our team.
We are not currently offering sponsorship for work authorization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We welcome our employees to show up as their full selves every day. Veldhoen + Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.