If you could change the world of work, what would you do?
You are authentic. You are curious. You strive to make a difference with and for the people around you. You see opportunity and momentum to help organizations emerge stronger from these disruptive times. You’re not only curious about what the future of work holds for us – you want to shape it.
Veldhoen + Company’s New York office is looking for a highly motivated, well-educated and curious Analyst with at least 1 year of professional work experience. The role provides a chance to influence the intersection between people, technology and space where you will play a key role in supporting clients’ transformational journeys.
This is a great role for someone looking for someone to gain early-career experience in a consulting firm and to potentially grow into a project manager or consultant. You will take the role of team member, supporting the Veldhoen + Company’s efforts through data analysis, workshop design, and facilitation. You will have the opportunity to shadow consultants and learn deep consulting skills while furthering the Veldhoen process.
- Working as part of the team and contribute in all aspects of project delivery
- Supporting the development of materials for client engagement (e.g. workshops, client interviews, group ideating sessions)
- Supporting facilitation of dynamic workshops with a diverse range of audiences, including focus groups, working groups, project teams etc.
- Creating and maintaining critical project records, such as notes and minutes from client calls and meetings
- Documenting and synthesizing workshop outcomes into key deliverables
- Analyzing information to identify underlying principles, reasons and facts to inform consulting appraoch and decision making
- Providing project management and planning support (e.g., coordinating team and client schedules to align timelines for key deliverables)
- Overseeing the administration of Workstyle surveys for clients, followed by analyzing the results and writing reports
- Supporting the development and maintenance of company collateral (e.g. marketing materials, business proposals, process documents, new products and services, etc.)
- Conducting research to bring both industry and academic perspective to the team (e.g. reading industry articles, reading peer reviewed papers, reading industry articles, researching social media, attending industry events, etc.)
- Participating in our strategic planning process to shape our growth in the coming years
- Working in internal project teams to advance internal projects related to strategic plan
- A bachelor in a field that is aligned to the role
- 1-2 years professional work experience
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills, including both quantitative and qualitative skills
- Ability to visualize and communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Passion for learning, growth, and innovation
- Ability to thrive in an ambigious and changing environment
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills; general proficiency with Mac OS and MS-Office products
- Attention to detail in developing client-ready materials
- Proximity to New York City (we are based in NYC and currently focused on the U.S. Northeast and Canada, although we are currently working virtually from distributed locations)
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally in the future (in response to client demand post-COVID)
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Activity-Based Working, workplace strategy, corporate real estate, and/or organizational change and development
- Proficiency in data analytics and visualization tools (e.g., R, Python, Tableau, Power BI)
- Previous experience in a consultancy or professional services environment
What You Will Get
- You will be part of an internationally growing boutique consultancy firm, with the opportunity to work with and learn from our international colleagues
- You will directly contribute to multiple client engagements while receiving frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on the team
- Salary range of $60,000-$65,000 depending on relevant experience, plus 10% team performance bonus and up to 5% 401k match
- Competitive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous paid time off package, including parental leave
- Great flexibility and autonomy—work is what you do, not the place you go. That means we manage by outcomes not by face time.
- A commitment to and budget for your personal and professional development
About Veldhoen + Company
Veldhoen + Company is the leading global workplace consulting firm specializing in integrated Workplace Transformation. Our leadership in this space is based on being founders of the philosophy of Activity Based Working (ABW), followed by more than 30 years of experience partnering with organizations to define, implement, and refine their unique ways of working.
Our mission is to create a better world of work where people are free and inspired to contribute their passion and talent every single day. We believe changing the way of working will become the biggest positive impact leaders make on the world. We are changing the world by transforming the world of work. We live and work with purpose, knowing that our contributions are social contributions and that we are making a positive impact on people’s lives.
Veldhoen + Company is young and growing in North America. Our New York-based team was established in 2017, and currently consists of seven people. In this time, we have partnered with large and small organizations in North America, representing Finance, Pharmaceutical, and Health Care. We aim for meaningful and sustainable growth, anticipating doubling in size in the next three years. We seek passionate individuals to deliver high impact to clients and contribute their talent to grow our team.
We are not currently offering sponsorship for work authorization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We welcome our employees to show up as their full selves every day. Veldhoen + Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
How To Apply
Apply today to meet the team and explore whether this role sounds like it was made for you!