If you could change the world of work, what would you do?
You are authentic. You are curious. You strive to make a difference with and for the people around you. You see opportunity and momentum to help organizations emerge stronger from these disruptive times. You’re not only curious about what the future of work holds for our clients — you are excited to help build a growing boutique consulting organization. You are eager to support organizational growth and help others grow. You like to be a leader of your own destiny and to build others up to lead their own.
Does this sound like you?
Veldhoen + Company, a boutique global consultancy firm, seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and curious Global Chief of Staff with 6+ years’ experience. This role is a chance to build a growing business in a dynamic industry, influence the field of the future of work, supporting global leadership team, leading our growth development agenda, connecting our regional teams of professional consultants who guide our clients on transformational journeys to new ways of working.
As Chief of Staff, you will be responsible for developing and leading our global development streams and that will enable the growth and impact we seek in the market. You’ll serve as an integrator of information between our global development streams, and the three regional teams of 60 consultants.
Come and join our growing team and help us realize our purpose of creating a better world of work!
Your primary duties are to make time, information, and decision-making more effective and help the company running smoothly while growing.
As Chief of Staff your primary responsibilities will fall under three hats:
- Enabler of strategic decision-making by global leadership
- Managing the strategic agenda
- Managing follow-ups, availability of information required for strategic decision making,
- Offering context, framing, and reflection to decision making
- Integrator connecting our global development teams:
- Program managing and streamlining the three global work-streams: People, Practice, Business Development
- Preparing and leading the agenda for these development streams, including follow ups. Administrative tasks like note-taking can be delegated to the teams.
- Communicator who links leadership team and the broader organization:
- Supporting regional engagement
- Two-way dialogue, eyes and ears
- Highlighting inter-team or inter-personal constrictions
As an extended member of the leadership team, you will participate in monthly leadership meetings, preparing and supporting executive decision-making.
This role will be part-time, starting at 24 hours per week (with the potential to grow into full-time with more leadership responsibilities). This role reports directly to the Global Leadership Team. You will have no direct reports but are leading global initiatives/projects.
Who You Are
- You relate to our values: authentic, curious and making a difference together
- Strategic thinker and go-getter: you’re entrepreneurial in character and know how to get things done.
- Connector: you form relationships with people at all levels and with different cultural backgrounds in your own authentic way
- You embrace ambiguity: you have the creativity and openness to turn challenges into opportunities
- You are able to work:
(1) independently (working as a self-starter);
(2) flexibly (comfortably working remotely most of the time, and can work with teams based in time zones across APAC, EMEA, and NA);
(3) in a dynamic environment working cross-functionally with a leadership team, three development streams, and regional representatives.
- Available for 24 hours per week (the role can grow into full-time, and potentially into a leadership role over time)
- Based in either the Netherlands, Singapore or New York City area (within 1.5 hr commute time). You will formally be engaged with one of our entities that are holding offices in these three locations.
What You Will Bring
- Robust experience (at least 6+ years) and a track record of success in similar type of role – experienced and skillful in working with senior leaders
- Strong program management skills
- Strategic thinking and problem analysis skills
- Organizational and political intelligence
- Ability to grasp and add value to the leadership team’s vision
- Ability to work cross-region and cross-time zone
- Facilitation and coaching skills to lead sessions
What You Will Get
- You will be part of an internationally growing boutique consultancy firm, with the opportunity to work with and learn from our 60 international colleagues
- Great flexibility and autonomy — work is what you do, not the place you go. That means we manage by outcomes not by face time. We value in-person connection but we are flexible in when and where we come together.
- Market competitive remuneration and excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions.
How to Apply
- Apply today to meet the team and explore whether this role sounds like it was made for you
- Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
- In the cover letter include your response to the question: “What does a better world of work mean to you?”
- For questions, please contact Luc Kamperman (email@example.com)
About Veldhoen + Company
Veldhoen + Company is the leading global workplace consulting firm specializing in new ways of working. Our leadership in this space is based on being founders of the philosophy of Activity Based Working (ABW), followed by more than 30 years of experience partnering with organizations to define, implement, and refine their unique ways of working.
Our mission is to create a better world of work where people are free and inspired to contribute their passion and talent every single day. We believe changing the way of working will become the biggest positive impact leaders make on the world. We are changing the world by transforming the world of work. We live and work with purpose, knowing that our contributions are social contributions and that we are making a positive impact on people’s lives.
Veldhoen + Company was founded in the Netherlands in 1990 and has expanded in last decade with offices in Australia, Singapore, Japan, Sweden, Germany, UK and United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We welcome our employees to show up as their full selves every day. Veldhoen + Company strives to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status.