If you could change the world of work, what would you do?
You are authentic. You are curious. You strive to make a difference with and for the people around you. You see opportunity and momentum to help organizations emerge stronger from these disruptive times. You’re not only curious about what the future of work holds for us – you want to shape it. You are eager to grow and help others grow. You like to be a leader of your own destiny and to build others up to lead their own.
Does this sound like you?
Veldhoen + Company is looking for you to help grow our North America business.
Veldhoen + Company, a boutique global consultancy firm, seeks a highly motivated and curious Senior Workstyle Consultant with 8+ years of experience. As a Senior Workstyle Consultant, you will lead clients on transformational journeys to realize their greater potential based on a proven human-centric and integrated approach. You will bring passion and a strategic mindset to physical office spaces, technologies, and behavioral change efforts to inspire user experiences that make the world of work happier, healthier, and more productive. You will help to grow our business by building relationships and inspire curiosity in leaders to make a difference and leave a legacy. Not only are you skilled at managing uncertainty for yourself, you are also a compassionate guide for our clients as they navigate through uncertainty.
Come and join our growing team and help us realize our purpose of creating a better world of work!
We are a small but growing team, and there is a lot of room to learn, grow, and contribute. Your primary responsibilities will be the following:
- Lead consulting teams in complex client engagements in hybrid/virtual settings, managing internal and external project teams in the development and implementation of new ways of working
- Translate strategic project objectives into meaningful deliverables to realize clients’ desired workstyle experiences
- Design, implement, and adapt long-term, full-cycle consulting processes that build ownership and capability within our clients in an energizing, engaging, smart, and creative way
- Facilitate dynamic workshops in a range of formats (virtual, hybrid, and in-person) with a diverse range of audiences, including Executive leadership, focus groups, working groups, project teams etc.
- Manage client relationships in an authentic, professional, and proactive way
- Create and oversee complex project management approaches that include project and resource planning, budgeting, and delivery timelines
- Help Veldhoen + Company develop our North American business
What You Will Bring
- 8+ years professional experience that includes an external-facing role with an affinity for the future of work and organizational development
- Ability to work (1) dynamically, (2) independently as a self-starter and (3) cross-functionally with consultants and worldwide team members
- Strong experience in facilitating inspiring and fact-finding workshops with different audiences (senior leaders, user groups as well as technical experts) both large and small
- Experience and skilled in leading, teaming, and consulting via hybrid and virtual formats. Capable of building highly trusting relationships with clients and colleagues remotely
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: ability to listen well, distill complex information into a clear and concise format, contribute to creative business discussions, and influence the thinking of senior leaders
- Exceptional program management skills: Ability to take broad, ambiguous, and/or complex challenges or opportunities and develop them into scopes for actionable projects with clear milestones and goals, with minimal guidance
- Strong relationship skills: Ability to establish, nurture, and maintain internal and external working relationships, serving as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving ability.
- Show passionate leadership in your desire to create a better world of work.
- A learner with a growth mindset who embraces ambiguity: you face obstacles with curiosity and turn challenges into opportunities
- An organized self-starter who is driven to succeed: you are energized by establishing, maintaining, and investing effort to reach challenging achievement goals
- Knowledge of and/or experience with consultative sales and/or business development for professional services
- Proximity to New York City (we are based in NYC and currently focused on the U.S. Northeast and Canada, although we are currently working virtually from distributed locations)
- Ability and willingness to travel in the future in response to client demand post-COVID
(Preferred but not required):
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Activity-Based Working, workplace strategy, corporate real estate, and/or organizational change and development
- Advanced degree
What You Will Get
- You will be part of an internationally growing boutique consultancy firm, with the opportunity to work with and learn from our international colleagues
- Next to market competitive remuneration and competitive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Salary range of $120,000 – $130,000 depending on relevant experience, plus 10% team performance bonus and up to 5% 401k match
- Generous paid time off package, including parental leave
- Great flexibility and autonomy—work is what you do, not the place you go. That means we manage by outcomes not by face time.
- A commitment to and budget for your personal and professional development
How to Apply
Apply today to meet the team and explore whether this role sounds like it was made for you!
- Apply today to meet the team and explore whether this role sounds like it was made for you
- Please send your resume and cover letter to Amy Groeschel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
- In the cover letter include your response to the question: “What are you most curious about related to future of work?”
- For questions, please contact Amy Groeschel (email@example.com)
About Veldhoen + Company
Veldhoen + Company is the leading global workplace consulting firm specializing in integrated Workplace Transformation. Our leadership in this space is based on being founders of the philosophy of Activity Based Working (ABW), followed by more than 30 years of experience partnering with organizations to define, implement, and refine their unique ways of working.
Our mission is to create a better world of work where people are free and inspired to contribute their passion and talent every single day. We believe changing the way of working will become the biggest positive impact leaders make on the world. We are changing the world by transforming the world of work. We live and work with purpose, knowing that our contributions are social contributions and that we are making a positive impact on people’s lives.
Veldhoen + Company is young and growing in North America. Our New York-based team was established in 2017, and currently consists of seven people. In this time, we have partnered with large and small organizations in North America, representing Finance, Pharmaceutical, and Health Care. We aim for meaningful and sustainable growth, anticipating doubling in size in the next three years. We seek passionate individuals to deliver high impact to clients and contribute their talent to grow our team.
We are not currently offering sponsorship for work authorization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We welcome our employees to show up as their full selves every day. Veldhoen + Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.