If you could change the world of work, what would you do?
Make a difference to the Australian and New Zealand working culture. Veldhoen + Company, a boutique global consultancy, is looking to hire a strategic, experienced, highly motivated, and curious Senior Workstyle Consultant. Come and join our growing team in Sydney and help us realise our purpose of creating a better world of work.
About the business
Veldhoen + Company is the leading global consulting firm specialising in Activity Based Working (ABW). Our leadership in this space is based on being founders of the philosophy, followed by more than 27 years of experience partnering with organisations to define, implement and refine new work styles for their people.
We support diverse industries, from blue-chip, hospitals and universities, to local government, and have offices in Eindhoven (NL), London, Stockholm, Singapore, New York and Sydney.
About the role
In this role you will bring passion and a strategic mindset to the design of physical office spaces, technologies, and behavioural change efforts to inspire user-experiences that make the world of work happier, healthier and more productive.
Activity Based Working shifts an old work paradigm, and you are a proven influencer. Taking the role of trusted advisor, you will confidently guide clients through often large-scale, complex and emergent program processes. Not only must you be able to manage uncertainty for yourself, you must be strong and adaptable to support clients as they navigate the, often uncomfortable, change.
Our business is small therefore you are a self-starter and happy to work both autonomously and in project teams, contributing to all aspects of project delivery including:
- Guiding project teams
- Influencing senior executive stakeholders in complex transformational change programs
- Facilitating engaging workshops for Executive leadership, focus groups, working groups, project groups etc.
- Designing, developing and evolving processes
- Managing client relations
- Translating strategic project objectives into meaningful deliverables
- Creating high level reports and briefs and other final deliverables
- Leveraging ergonomics and facilities management / hospitality
With clients in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth, Auckland and Tauranga, you must be able and willing to travel across Australia and New Zealand as required.
Developing and managing authentic working relationships with our clients is key.
Veldhoen + Company’s new business largely comes from existing relationships, therefore having a desire to grow relationships is important, and you will be active also in acquiring new business to expand our business in Australian and New Zealand.
Benefits and perks
We are a small and highly engaged team with a strong passion for what we do.
We walk the talk – which means we manage to outcomes not by face time. If you have a self-starting mindset, this greater flexibility, autonomy and freedom will help you to develop both in your career and in a wider personal sense.
We embrace the new. Our environment is a great learning environment to satisfy or expand your curiosity and we will always encourage you to ask questions and push the boundaries of what we think is possible. We place high emphasis on developing as a team and, when invited to, bring our coaching skills and life experience to bear on each other – in a good way!
In a nutshell, working at Veldhoen + Company, Sydney, you will feel like you can bring your whole person to work and make meaningful contributions from your passion and insights.
Skills and experience
- Open, inspiring, and unconventional way of working
- Strong experience facilitating large scale change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Ability to work dynamically (1) in a team environment with some level of ambiguity and a high level of humour (2) independently as a self-starter (3) cross-functionally with consultants and client teams
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving ability
- A degree in a field that is relevant to the role
- 5 years+ professional experience influencing people in complex environments
- Authorised to work in Australia and New Zealand
- Keen to mentor and develop yourself and others
- Passion for learning, growth, and innovation
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to Martijn or Nicky. We look forward to hearing from you!