If you could change the world of work, what would you do?
Veldhoen + Company is a globally operating consultancy specialising in new ways of working. We are the founders of Activity Based Working and our mission is to create a better world of work. We have been doing this for 30 years and so have a solid legacy and track record. We are value-driven consultants and developers with a wealth of knowledge and experience. At the same time, we always want to be the front runner with forward-thinking advice, striking concepts and the most stimulating ideas. That is what makes our work so special and challenging.
We started out as a small agency in Maastricht and are now represented in the Netherlands, Germany, France, UK, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and the United States. We work a lot together globally, but focus on 3 regions: EMEA, APAC and The Americas. In 2020 we have worldwide presence with approximately 55 colleagues.
To strengthen our team in the Netherlands / EMEA, we are looking for a Workstyle Consultant to join us.
What will you do as a Workstyle Consultant?
You will play an important role in the development of work and office concepts. You will strive to understand how people work and challenge them to think differently about how they work. Together with our clients and your colleagues you will develop unique, logical and efficient work / office concepts.
Each Monday morning you will start the week with your teammates via our (online) stand-up. We also have dedicated moments to connect on Wednesdays and Fridays. Eindhoven is our home base, but in principle we work completely independent of time and place. If you have no agreements with clients, you are free to work wherever you feel works best for you.
What does the job consist of?
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research into the current way of working within organisations (through interviews, online surveys and observation studies).
- Helping each client to formulate a vision of their desired new way of working, based on this internal research and our practical experience.
- Creating and facilitating workshops for all kinds of groups with the aim of converting the vision into a workplace concept.
- Writing reports in which you can convert the results from the above processes into advice about the working environment and new way of working. These reports are used by the architect, the client and Veldhoen + Company to create the design of the working environment.
- Drawing up change plans based on proven methodologies.
- Executing an important part of the change plan, such as (online) workshops and training courses for various stakeholders in the organization (from senior management to assistants).
- Above all, being an advisor. Finding the balance between encouraging new ways and new ideas and ensuring clients’ requests are met.
Who are you?
- You associate yourself strongly with our values: being authentic, being open and curious, and making a difference together.
- You have a feeling for, and really want to work in the consultancy world.
- Autonomous; you can handle the combination of having a lot of responsibility and a lot of freedom.
- Flexible in working time and place; you are not afraid of strong peaks and dips in the intensity of the work.
- Connected to yourself and others; you are curious about your own growth and boundaries and that of your colleagues and customers.
- You are proactive and have lots of initiative.
- You are available full-time.
- You speak and write well in both Dutch and English.
What do we offer?
- An entrepreneurial, challenging job in which you get a lot of space for your qualities and for your own initiative.
- Working in a small, but very professional and experienced team (around 55 colleagues worldwide). The team is energetic, enthusiastic and close-knit and brings out the best in each other. There is a lot of room for your own initiatives and your ideas are taken seriously.
- Working in an international context, with colleagues all over the world.
- A lot of history and knowledge on which to build upon, but also the space to create something new.
- A lot of freedom in where and when to work.
- A social home in Eindhoven.
- A competitive salary.
- Good fringe benefits, including a lease car, a laptop and a mobile phone.
If reading this description inspires you, we’d love to hear from you!
Consider the following statements and send us a short response (1 or 2 paragraphs) on how you feel they could be completed. Send your thoughts to us at: [email protected]
- “We need more….……… in the world of work!”
- “My qualities can contribute to this by….………….”
You do not yet need to send us your CV. We will contact those who with whom we’d like to start a conversation.
Looking forward to hearing from you!